Thursday, December 24, 2009

Annie's Rubber Cushion Brush

I have been reading a lot of information about the Denman brushes. I have not seen one at the beauty supply store that I frequent. However, there is a brush called the Rubber Cushion Brush by Annie.




















I love this brush. I discovered this brush more than ten years ago when I was still relaxing. I wanted a brush that would give me a good massage as I brush my hair. When I felt this brush through the plastic I knew it was just what I was looking for and I have been hooked ever since.
I stopped using Annie's brush when I went natural because of the pulling. Then, because of all the great websites like blackhairplanet, the coil review and even youtube, I learned how to brush my hair to detangle it. I am so happy seeing that my $1.99 brush works as well as the Denman. I've never priced a Denman but I don't think I get it for $1.99. Maybe one day I'll make more of an effort to find and purchase a Denman for the purpose of comparison. But for now...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Pros: price $1.99
7 rows of bristles
fantastic curl pattern
excellent for detangling
removable head for easy cleaning
rounded hard plastic/rubber bristles for great scalp massage

Cons: The rubber bed seems to wear away easily (this is pre natural hair. Now I'll get to see if it last a bit longer)
This is the only con I have for the brush but considering a price tag of $1.99, it's not that important to me.
While I was there I also bought a satin pillowcase $3.99 and terry turban $4.99. I haven't used either of them yet but I'm looking forward to it.














Keep it real, keep it natural YY

2 comments:

  1. Nice review. I just bought this brush and I've owned a denman for about a year. One difference I've noticed right off the bat is that the denman has more give in the bristles. I haven't used the Annie version yet, but just pushing the bristles with my hand tells me it has much more resistance. I see this review is a few years old. Have you since tried the denman? If so how did you like it?

    If you'd like, check out my blog: http://geminicurls.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well..
    the salvation diet PDF

    ReplyDelete