Friday, January 1, 2010

Hair challenges for 2010 have begun.

I have joined several hair challenges on blackhairplanet.com. Protective Styling, Deep conditioning, Castor oil, Natural hair maintenance, Moisturize you hair/baby your ends, and Scarves for winter. The castor oil and deep conditioner challenges began today, yeah. I assume the others will be later in the year.
Ok, so my routine:
I decided to use the dry method to start with this time. I loaded my hair, in sections, with ORS Mayo. Now I really get the ors, it feels so good on the scalp. I put on my plastic cap and to help keep the heat in I tied my hair up with my new cotton head wrap/towel that I just made. It looks kinda funny but it really did it's job. I left the wrap on for nearly two hours as I was busy with other things. Combing out in the shower was quite easy and as usual I plaited my hair for easy management. After squeezing out the excess water I tied my head up with my new wrap again (I have to find a name for this thing) for about 20 minutes. The wrap kept my head nice and warm, absolutely no dripping from the sides and a rather comfy fit too. I am so happy with this little thingy but the next one will be just a bit bigger. Anyway, after removing the wrap I applied one of my leave-in concoctions and oiled my scalp with the Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Now my hair is cornrowed for the weekend unless by some miracle I am asked out for an evening. I must admit, that frizziness that I had seen after my last few co-washes was not there. I guess some protein is what my hair has been needing.




































Oh yeah, product updates. I decided to make something to wrap my hair in because the terry turban was a joke. On the cover, it's made to look like it's so soft and plush; like terry cloth...NOT. This thing is tissue thin and water leaked through from my hair. Not to mention how tight it was. I know what you're think, I do not have a big head. It was like giving birth trying to put it on my head but it definitely was not coming off that's for sure! So looks like I have new dusting rag since I wont be squeezing back into that again. I'm so used to sleeping in the satin caps I keep forgetting I bought the pillowcase so reviews on that will come later. The Annie's rubber brush, two thumbs up. It worked great just as I expected. So for now, I'll be sticking with Annie's brush which means more money to feed my pj moments.


Keep it real, keep it natural YY

No comments:

Post a Comment