Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two more protective styles

After my deep conditioning and JBCO application, as part of my committment to the challenges I joined, I wanted to at least try to up with some new or revised protective styles.
  • I DC'd with Roots of Nature shea butter green tea for about 45 mins
  • Applied my leave in condish mix
  • Braided my hair in small braids to air dry

Monday morning I took the braids out and again put 10 million pins in my hair. This time I liked the look so much better than my first attempt at this. I had lots of texture/waves this time and everything same in place with ease. I like the look from every angle, front, back and side.



So then I decided to take it down and was too lazy to twist it so I had to come up with something else. So this time I came up with my protective pony braid. I think the picture speaks for itself and works for itself. This I'll wear the rest of the week. The braids kinda remind me of a french knot the way they are winded around each other.


Keep it real, keep it natural YY

1 comment:

  1. girl, if you lived closer so you could do my hair, I would *SO* let it grow long again! (just cut it last summer for the first time in about five years-- figured if all I ever did with it was pull it up in a ponytail to get it off my neck, never even anything fancy, then why keep it long)... Now I'm wondering if I still have the bag that I saved the cuttings in, and if so, if I can make my own extensions. LOL

    ReplyDelete