Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trying out ACV

I have never used ACV (apple cider vinegar) but I have read a lot about it so tonight I gave it a try. I did a pre poo mix of BB Growth Oil and a leave-in conditioner mix (Suave Sleek, evoo and water). I left this on for 2 hours, from 3pm to 5pm. I applied the oil at work and put on a shower cap, a satin cap and a crocheted hat over that. When I got home I did a clarifying rinse with VO5 clarifying conditioner. I was supposed to use baking soda put I didn’t feel like measuring it out. Next, I applied a mix of Roots of Nature shea butter green tea conditioner and Organics Hair Mayonnaise for 30 mins. Lastly, I did an ACV rinse. I used room temperature water, or rather the mix was at room temp by the time I'd finished washing. I know my cuticles and everything else are closed. Room temp felt like it had been in the fridge! I ended my regimen by applying JBCO (Jamaican Black castor oil) to my scalp, more leave-in conditioner and my shealoe to the ends. I then put my hair in braids, not for work tomorrow but just in case I want to go somewhere tomorrow night! If I go out I will be able to rock a really nice braid out. If I don’t go anywhere my hair will stay braided until Monday morning.
So step by step:
* Pre poo with oil
* Clarify with baking mix or Clarifying conditioner.
* Deep condition
* ACV rinse
* Oil scalp
* Moisturize ends
* Style
After all this my hair feels good and soft and it was a bit easier to comb, as long as it is wet. I kept my leave-in close to wet my hair as it started to dry. The real test is when I take the braids out and see what my hair looks like.

Keep it real, keep it natural YY

No comments:

Post a Comment