Saturday, July 10, 2010

Three Strand Twist Pin Up

So lately I have been seeing some postings about a three strand twist. I wondered what could this be if its not a braid. So I did some investigating and found several youtube tutorials. After watching this particular one I sat and twisted my hair using this method and found it very easy. Honestly, it only took completing two twist for my brain to understand that I was plaiting this time. I did my whole head, dry this time since I was only experimenting. I did big fat three strand twist and didn't worry if they were all going in the same direction. I didn't even use a comb to part them nice and neat. They were not pretty y'all so don't be looking for pics. I just tied them down and went to bed. This morning I flattened the front and sides using my condish spritz and some shealoe, put a couple of bands around my head and starting pinning those fat twist up. I love the way it come out.










































You can see I used good sized twist instead of the much smaller ones I usually do. I don't know what this is going to look like when I take them out. Hmm this may make a wonderful style for Happy Nappy Day tomorrow. If it hot my hair will be perfect, off my neck and out of my face!














Here is the youtube video I found that really helped me.

Wow!! this is my first time adding a youtube video!! It took a bit of work to get it play but now it up and running!!

Keep it real, keep it natural YY

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. very nicely done. you go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent information on your blog, thank you for taking the time to share with us. Amazing insight you have on this, it's nice to find a website that details so much information about different artists.
    the salvation diet ebook

    ReplyDelete