Sunday, June 7, 2009

The natural way

I am liking natural more and more as the days go by. Who knew I would be someone with chemical-free hair! If someone had told me three years ago that I would go natural I would have laughed myself silly.
Ok, here it goes. This first picture I'm not sure of the date, probably sometime in April 2009, is a braid out day. This was probably my third day so things had gone a bit crazy and you see that there is still quite a bit of relaxed hair on the ends.











This is a better picture of a fresh braid out, probably day one in August 2008. I always roll it up for a neater look. During this period I was still at the 'You must be crazy to go natural' stage. Combing my hair after washing was a beast!









But now!!! I hear music! The hair gods have smiled on me and transformed my hair. I read so much about the 'Big Chop' and decided to go for it. I put my hair in small braids and cut diagonally at the puff. Then I followed the advise on the Nappaturality site that says not to shampoo so much. Instead, I spritzed my hair with water and used organic hair mayonaise. I twisted in small sections and then rolled my hair that night.

























I am loving this! I have gotten so many compliments, who can I think about chemical fires again.
NEVER
Ok, so today I took the twist out after 5 days and this is my result. I didn't roll last night so it's not curly but the twist out should last at least three to four days! The hair mayonaise helped give me nice tight twist so I am expecting a nice twist out. Chopping off about 3" of my hair wasn't such a bad idea after all but I still need to do another chop, at least one to two more inches. Then even if I don't roll my hair the twist out will look so much better.




No comments:

Post a Comment