Friday, June 5, 2009

Keeping it real

In February 2008 I decided to go natural. My thick head of hair was out of control, I wish I had some pictures! I used to tell people that you could hide a small child in the back of my hair between touch-up. Combing my hair after a good shampoo took me back to age 6 when I would get brushes broken over my shoulder for not putting my head down. Hey, that kitchen was a mess! During this transition it easily took up to two hours just to comb through my hair and then another couple to braid it up to air dry. It's been about 15 months now and I couldn't be happier with the way my hair has turned out. I can comb my hair and braid it to air dry in about one hour, maybe two depending on the syle.
I was turned on to a site called nappturality and found out that a lot of the things I was doing to my hair was the right thing to do. I decided on my own that natural meant no hot combs, hot curling or flat ironing. I decided that I would go a step further and not blow dry either. It seems that these are the things this site promotes! Who knew?
Pictures will be added later

No comments:

Post a Comment